(working in China less than 90 (including) days)
u Applicable Objects
n Basic Requirements for Employers
1. Employers shall be established by law with actual business premises, pay taxes and social insurances according to law, without serious illegal and dishonest acts; the employment of foreigners shall be for special needs and the appropriate candidates are in short supply domestically in China; the salary or remuneration for those foreigners shall not be lower than the local minimum wage.
2. For pre-approval by the industry competent authority by law, it shall be approved.
n Basic Requirements for Applicants
1. Capable applicants with qualified professional skills or knowledge shall have a certain clearly-defined employer in China and shall be at least 18 years old with good health and without a criminal record.
2. Those applicants must engage in urgently needed jobs in China and can make contributions to China’s economic and social development.
The laws and regulations which have special provisions, if any, for the employment of foreigners in China shall prevail.
4. Foreigners who enter China to complete short-term work tasks refer to those who enter China for the following reasons and stay for not more than 90 days;
1) to complete a certain technology, scientific research, management, or guidance work with the domestic partner;
2) to conduct trial training in a domestic sports institution (including coaches and athletes);
3) to film (including advertising films, documentaries);
4) to perform fashion shows (car models, shooting print advertisements, etc.);
5) Other circumstances determined by the relevant departments.
u Law Bases
Notice of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs on Issuing the Service Guide to the Foreigners Work Permit in China (No. 36  of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs)
Notice of the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Public Security, and Ministry of Culture on Issuing the Relevant Handling Procedures for a Foreign National's Entry into China to Complete a Short-Term Work Assignment (Trial) (No. 78  of the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security)
u Requirements for Documents Provided
1. All paper versions of original documents and the translated versions must be electronically uploaded in color to the Service System for Foreigners Working in China.
2. Non-Chinese credentials shall be translated into Chinese and stamped with the official seal of the employer (except for passports and international travel certificates).
3. No paper documents shall be submitted for verification.
u Documents Required
1. Application Form for Foreigners Work Permit: Fill in the online application - print it out - send to the applicant for signing (send copy or fax if needed) – stamp it with the employer’s seal - upload it to the system.
2. Work contract, project contract (cooperation agreement) or description of invitation from an employer;
3. Passport or the international travel certificate;
4. Complete resume in Chinese and foreign languages (including detailed personal information, education and work experience, with the official seal of the employer);
5. Foreigners applying for the completion of professional and technical tasks shall provide relevant academic qualifications or technical (vocational) qualification documents (e.g. model card) in accordance with the provisions of the State;
6. Other credentials prescribed by the approval authority.
1. The contract term, working hours and place of work shall be consistent with the actual working conditions.
2. In the event of dispatch in a short-term work task, the complete basic information and the three-party agreement involving the dispatching party, the applicant and the domestic employer shall be provided.
3. The items involved in the contract include: the term of the contract is less than 90 (including) days; the places of work are up to five cities (including Shanghai) without repetition; the content of the work shall not exceed the business scope of the employer; the average monthly wage of short-term workers; short-term workers shall buy an insurance before entering China; short-term workers must not work on part-time.
u Examination and Approval Period
Reception period: Five working days (after the complete and qualified documents are submitted online by the employer)
Review and decision-making period: Five working days (from the date of reception)
In case of special circumstances requiring an extension of time limit, the reception authority or the decision-making authority shall handle the matter as appropriate.